I AM LIVING PROOF THAT YOU CAN DESIGN YOUR LIFE.
I worked in the Web Interaction Design & Development industry from 1998-2013 with emphasis on empathetic and behavioral psychology-applied design for web, mobile web, iOS + Android applications. A nasty spell of Life Burnout after the loss of my dad in 2012 caused me to redesign my life using the tools gained from a 15-year award-winning digital design career.
By 2014 I was being booked a year in advance to speak at events around the world, an active podcaster, writer, executive coach, 'reinvention-ist', and self-proclaimed professional experimenter. I learned how to own my time and pour my focus into working on things I love, with people I love working with - then teach others how to do the same.
Currently, I'm the co-founder and CEO of Picture This Clothing (PTC). PTC started as a passion project launched by a single Tweet from my personal Twitter account the morning of March 17, 2016, had a TechCrunch write-up by the end of the same day, and a viral burst immediately following. Now it's my full-time focus.
I also serve on the board of directors for MartianCraft.
I'm fueled by fun, Muppets, Disney, and a heavy sprinkling of rebellion.
My mission is to contribute something positive to the world and create tools that allow others to do the same.
A Few Of The Other Things I Do:
- Co-founded Picture This Clothing (Aug 2016)
- Board Member & Former COO - MartianCraft.
- Started a thing called #TinyChallenges (Dec 2014)
- Co-host of #TinyChallenges show (Jan-Apr 2016)
- Personal Challenge + YouTube experimentalist
- Advocate + Speaker for WomenWhoTest
- Volunteer + Advocate for AppCampForGirls
- Evangelist for the narwhal iOS app for reddit
- Co-founder of Bests.com (now retired)
- Co-Founder + Catalyst for @wwdcgirls | wwdcgirls.com
- Finishing my first book (goal release: 2018)